Thursday, July 30, 2009

No information, no opinion, just funny


I saw this on a hockey message board yesterday. I guess really, the right thing to do would be to message this dude, ask his permission, blah blah blah; but since I doubt anyone's going to read this anyway I'll just put it up here for enjoyment. Anyway, the debate at hand was whether or not Cam Ward is the best goalie in the NHL (just for the record, I would say no... I think he has the potential to be but statistically that just can't be justified right now) and a poster using the handle 'elriz' who appears to be a Vancouver fan posted this nugget:


Hockey Fans don't love you right
That Conn Smythe is everything you need
Your regular season states inside the cage
.903 save per-cent-age
Don't matter because you are my hero!

Cam! I wish I was your lover
I'd start you till the playoffs come
Help you stretch your legs and keep that groin warm
I am everything
Tonight I'll be your trainer
Talk about that Stanley Cup to ease your pain
Free your mind and you won't feel ashamed


Elriz was also so kind as to embed this YouTube of two girls karaoke-ing the song in what I assume is a dorm or something.



Two things strike me about this video: One, these girls seem too dressed up to be drinking and doing karaoke at home alone. Two, there's an NC State picture/poster/something or other hanging on the wall, which would suggest that these are Raleigh girls; it's weird that a Vancouverian (Vancouverite? Vancouveran?) would evoke, from all the videos on YouTube, some Raleighans (I'm pretty sure that's right) while discussing Cam Ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment